Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Struggle

Today I went up into the mountains to go cross-country cycling through the pine forests and burn off the legacy of too much tequila and heavily processed carbs. It was beautiful and wild but, once again, I’d forgotten that the thinner air at 2000m above sea level makes strenuous exercise much more strenuous. I had to stop quite frequently to try and haul more oxygen into my ragged lungs, feeling like I was Lizzo trying to climb a flight of stairs without her personal trainer.


The little scraps of snow still lying in some patches of shade made an ideal backdrop to an epic face-off between The Nerd and Kai, invigilated by Master Wu. Given that they both fell over simultaneously as the snow melted around them, I think we can class it as a draw.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home