Thursday, November 16, 2023

Reinvention

I’m about to embark on another international holiday, thanks to fairly limited spending during the pandemic and my long service leave becoming due. After Italy and Bali, I’m now going to the United States, to spend Thanksgiving with old friends in Colorado Springs, and then to pursue more urban amusements in Los Angeles.


I’ve had the usual issues trying to find just the right Lego companion to join me as my selfie proxy. I wondered some sort of American cowboy might be appropriate, given the places I’m visiting, but the only one currently available is Sheriff Woody from Toy Story, and I don’t have one of those.


Instead, I embraced the fact that the USA is the home of personal reinvention, and took a minifig that I put together out of disparate body parts from the Build Your Own Minifig bins at my local Lego Store. I don’t have a name for him, so I just call him The Nerd. He doesn’t seem to mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home