Thursday, May 04, 2006

Timing

I wanted to stay up last night and see it happen. At 3.02am, if I'd been awake, I would have witnessed the first second of the second minute of the third hour of the fourth day of the fifth month of the sixth year of the millenium.


But bugger that. I needed my sleep.


Instead I went to bed just after midnight, and slept through any number of arbitrarily notable moments in time. I woke at 7.31am, which is notable for being the precise time at which I thought, "Aw crap, another day of getting out of a warm bed to go to bloody work."

4 Comments:

Blogger FletcherDodge said...

I actually did stay up to witness that moment and, except for the monkey wearing rubber pants, you didn't miss much.

2:21 AM  
Blogger John said...

Eh; I'm going to have my head frozen when I die. Hopefully everyone'll have their act together in 3006 and arrange some decent parties.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

A monkey in rubber pants? Is that all? Sheesh, I can get that any time just by going into my spare room.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Eric B. said...

In the states we did this last month. Why anyone would write dates as day/month/year instead of the obviously superior month/day/year is beyond me.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home