Monday, June 05, 2006

Coloured

I've been sick with a bad cold for the last few days, which has necessitated a lot of quiet time at home, rugged up on the couch with tissues and asprin and orange juice. Feeling the need to keep my hands busy while my mind wandered in feverish delerium, I decided to do a little reorganisation in my CD collection.


This is what my CD collection looked like under the old system.


CDs in boring, logical order


It was divided into Rock/Pop, Jazz, Christian, Soundtracks, Classical, Comedy and Dance Compliations, with the Rock/Pop section subdivided by geography (Australians, British, Other Europeans, North Americans, South Americans).


But that looked boring. So I took a leaf out of Zemblan's book and reorganised my CDs by Spinal Colour Spectrum Order!


CDs in innovative spectrum order!


The astute reader will notice that the second shelf down starts (from the left) with Black Spines with White Text, then merges into Black Spines in Text Colour Spectrum Order. The third shelf down begins with White Spines with Black Text, and then moves through White Spines in Text Colour Spectrum Order.


Then there are the Brown spines, which don't fit in the spectrum but needed to be put somewhere.


You can just see the top of the fourth shelf down, which contains all the CDs with multi-coloured spines that threatened the purity of my new compact disc utopia. They will be dealt with in due course. Oh yes, they will be dealt with.

4 Comments:

Blogger He sings said...

Wow, and I thought I was anal.

4:53 AM  
Blogger John said...

Looks great!

Regarding those with multicoloured spines, I suggest leaving them as they are, but if anyone asks just say "I have arranged them in order of the intellectual honesty of the artist, except for one. See if you can guess; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised."

12:31 PM  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Beautifully organized, I love it! You have so many interesting pieces of furniture, and the random baubles are great as well.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Cookster said...

You are a strange creature Blandy - I'd be interested to hear what your Tope 10 albums of all time are - I've just put my list up on the blog.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home