Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Structure

I've been wondering how to make my garden walls more attractive. If left alone, they look too blank and lifeless. If hung with bits of outdoor art or sculpture, they look too fussy, as if they've been attacked by someone who just can't tolerate having a wall without some crap on it. I needed a middle-ground; something low-key but decorative.


Just recently I came across a stack of old wrought iron panels at the local salvage yard, and I bought all five of them. Each one is different, but they look like they were created by the same person.


ironwork1


Three of them, including the one above, don't seem to mean anything. They're just interesting designs. Either that, or they're ancient, secret, eldritch patterns that at the next full moon will call forth the Legions of the Damned. I'll have to remember to close the curtains that night.


ironwork2


The other two are representational. This one depicts two trees under a sun/moon/alien mothership.


The other representational one depicts, for some reason, a lightning bolt hitting a tree next to a house, with another sun/moon/alien mothership in the sky. It's the size of a picnic blanket so I'm going to need a little more time to work out where to put it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sauntering Walker said...

Bland
Nice garden art. In the top piece, I see the symbol for infinity in the centre, surrounded by four heads-and-shoulders, the one at the bottom being the largest. What do you think?
Chris

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home