Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Festive

I visited some friends earlier today, and when I used their facilities I discovered this:





Christmas toilet paper. It seems fair enough. If there are Christmas tea towels and Christmas door mats and Christmas napkins, why not Christmas toilet paper?


But amateur semiotician that I am, I couldn’t help but wonder at the implications of Christmas toilet paper. No doubt the intention is one of, “It’s Christmas! Let everything in the house be filled with Christmas joy!”


Then again, maybe it’s more of a Scrooge-like,“Bah! Christmas! Here’s what I think of Christmas! I wipe my bum with Christmas!”*


I will need to investigate my friends’ attitudes more closely.


*In other news, I’d like to announce that ‘I Wipe My Bum With Christmas’ is due for release as my smash hit Christmas single in December 2009.

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris Flavia said...

Over here it comes in cinnamon-fragrance, too.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Thanks, Iris Flavia! I think my follow-up single will have to be "My Bum Smells Like Christmas"!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one question - did you photograph that at your friend's house, or did you take it home with you?

Okay, make it two. Is it weird to take home a sample of, however interesting, someone else's toilet paper?

Actually I have a third. If you were caught with your camera out, in the lav, would the excuse "I just wanted to photograph your toilet paper" really cut the mustard?

Just asking. No judgment intended at all.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

My answers are, in order; took it home, yes, and probably not.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thief. Give us back our preciouses.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home