Thursday, May 22, 2008

Inheritance

My sister: Do you watch ‘Grand Designs’?

Me: I love it. Never miss it.

My sister: Your eight year old nephew just loves it too. He actually plays Grand Designs with his Lego.

Me: He does? How?

My sister: He builds little ruined buildings, and then he rebuilds them into little modernist houses with lots of big windows and tiny designer furniture.

Me: Really?

My sister: Really.

Me: Wow. I don’t know if that’s the cutest thing ever… or just sort of weird.

My sister: Well, it is a very good show.

Me: Presumably he has a little Lego man in a pink shirt with a little peaked hairstyle who walks around nagging the other little Lego men about the cost overruns and the lapses in stylistic coherence.

My sister: And who always turns up for a final inspection before the renovation is completed. Your nephew gets so frustrated when Kevin does that.

Me: Whoa, me too! It’s like we’re related or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger 2BarRiff said...

My brother and I used to make weapons out of Lego and beat the crap out of each other.

Good times, good times.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home