Friday, April 30, 2010

Wily

It's pretty cool that Texas governor Rick Perry packs heat. But it's the fact that he packs heat while jogging that makes him awesome!


Perry told The Associated Press he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-pointed bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes -- and that he'd seen coyotes in that area.

When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.



When I exercise I struggle to find somewhere to put my iPod, let alone a .380 laser-sighted Ruger. And as for my state governor, I'm pretty sure the only weapon he knows how to use is a lawyer.


I love Americans.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bart said...

For similar reasons, I never go jogging without a bear-trap.

Not that I ever go jogging of course...

3:13 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I couldn't manage a bear-trap or a gun. Like I said, I'm usually stuck with my iPod. I suppose if I get attacked by man, bear or coyote, I could just force them to listen to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home