Monday, September 01, 2008

Finish

On Saturday afternoon I put the finishing touches on my garden renovations. I planted the remaining seedlings, laid out some pea hay mulch, hung new strings of lights around the garage's eaves and through the lilly pilly trees and swept the paths. I was on a deadline since I'd invited a couple of dozen people around for a celebratory garden party, and the first guests arrived just I was finishing pulling up the last stray weeds.

What they saw had gone from this:




The front yard after I'd bought the place and ignored it for a month.


to this:




The Flatmate takes out his frustrations on one of his many arboreal victims.


to this:




Having recovered from The Flatmate's devastation, the garden thrives under the protection of the Giant Killer Robot.


I'm satisfied that all the hard work has been worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm satisfied that there were many tasty muffins and other hors d'oeuvres and an episode of MST3K to round off the evening.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home