Friday, December 21, 2007

Dreamin'

Last night I was loading up the sounds on my new computer, and in so doing I heard the old 'I Dream of Jeannie' theme in its entirety.


Like a lot of incidental screen music from the mid 60s, it deserves a second listen. Go ahead; you know you want to.


I can’t help but think that if you slowed the tempo just a fraction and added a bit more latin swagger in the horn section, it’d be quite a groovy, sexy little number. And there’s a subtle descending riff on the bass guitar that gives the tune a lot of texture.


Give it a chance and it could transcend its less than noble roots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blandwagon said...

Of course you'd need to get rid of the puffing bottle sound effects, which make it sound like there's a guy with a bong in the studio, seated between the trombonist and the drummer. I can see him in my mind's eye, wild-haired and red-eyed, carefully following the sheet music and taking a hit at the appropriate moment...

Bandleader: Jason, you were half a beat late!

Jase: Whoa, dude, sorry... I just got to get my head together...

Bandleader: Hey, don't think I won't replace you with someone who can huff in time!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home