Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Aspersions

People who have spent a lot of time with me will know that I occasionally become convinced that I have Asperger's Syndrome. I was a very maladjusted child, I place a little too much emphasis on routine, I get obsessed with patterns and puzzles, and I have the keenly calibrated social sense of someone who tells Yo Mama jokes at a Black Panther meeting.


So when the opportunity arose, I completed this test for Asperger's and other Autistic Spectrum Disorders. And here are my results.





There are two things I can take from this. One, I don't have Asperger's. Two, I am nevertheless more autistic than the average math contest winner.


I don't know whether to jump for joy or punch myself in the head.

7 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hmn, I got a 21.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored 16. Clearly my inner geek is still on holiday!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

I have a friend who is a teacher and maintains that everyone is autistic, some of us are just more autistic than others.

And I scored 12.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ended up with 12. I'd not really have pegged myself as such a social butterfly. Eviscerate the proletariat!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I might need to write a country and western song: "I'm So Blue Because Everyone is Less Autistic Than Me (Yee-Har!)"

9:23 AM  
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Well shit. I'm in the 32-50 range.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all freaks. Do you never go out? How do you remember all those number things? I am the most anal, antisocial, bookish type I know, and I got a 9. ( though I must admit I dont even know my own phone number, and I do know others who can remember not just theirs but mine as well)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home