Monday, February 05, 2007

Help

Anatomy of a Wasted Sunday Afternoon


1. I think that the vintage lava lamp in the kitchen might look better in the living room.

2. Hmm, it's a bit greasy from being next to the hotplates. Better clean it.

3. While I've got the paper towels and the sugar soap out, I really should clean the grease off those cannisters as well.

4. Moving the cannisters has revealed the filth on the splashback tiles. I may as well clean them too.

5. And the window sill.

6. And the ornaments on the window sill.

7. Now that the garbage bin is full of greasy paper towels, I'd better empty it.

8. Now that it's empty, I can see that it's filthy. Time to clean it.

9. And the floor tiles underneath it are disgusting!

10. I should vaccum the floor tiles before I mop, just to get the bigger bits of crap.

11. While I've got the vacuum out, I really should do the living room as well.

11. Now that I've vacuumed, I need to empty the bag.

12. Even when empty the bag is gross. Time to chuck it in the washing machine.

13. Now the bag is clean but I have to pick a lot of crud out of the washing machine drum.

14. And when did the top of the washing machine get so dusty?

15. While I'm dusting, I really should clean the dust off the hardwood floors under the TV cabinet and the coffee table where the vaccum cleaner doesn't reach.


And so on and so forth. Now the kitchen wall tiles look pink rather than a pinkish shade of beige, there's no traction on the kitchen floor, the house smells of sugar soap and disturbed rancid grease, and I can see my reflection in a whole bunch of surfaces that used to be matt. It's very unsettling.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh look, there's a bit of dust on my blog...

The duster is in the very greasy kitchen cupboard in the filthy kitchen, you can find the buckets in the basement which needs to be tidied up really desperately and while you're vacuming, don't forget the bedrooms on the first and second floors.

11:11 PM  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Since you have not mentioned it, I suppose the fires I heard about were not in your area?

11:18 PM  
Blogger an9ie said...

Cleaning is never wasting time. Never.

Mmm, cleaning . . .

7:44 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Bart - time to demolish the house and move on, I think.

MC - the fires were in the hills and rural areas surrounding the city, but then there always seems to be a fire out there somewhere. Especially since we've had a couple of mini-heatwaves with temps around 37-43C (99-109F)

An9ie - what about ironing? How are you with ironing?

8:30 AM  
Blogger an9ie said...

Scarily, I don't mind ironing as well. But these super-fabrics that clothes are made from seem to defy the steam. You spend 5 minutes ironing a shirt, hang up it and when you look at it again it has re-wrinklified.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home