Thursday, June 29, 2006

Warmth

One good thing about life in Perth is that even in the depths of winter (ie now), my garden is still full of flowers. This is handy on these cold and gloomy mornings, when I see more life and colour out the window than I do in the mirror.


nemesia detail


canary island lavender detail


allysum detail


pink impatiens


gazania detail


The last one is a gazania, or as I call it, That 70s Plant. These hardy flowers are only available in the most strident 70s colours; burnt orange, cream, mission brown and burgundy. Putting a few of these babies in makes it look like a paint chart from 1977 just fell through a wormhole into your garden.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric B. said...

Flowers in winter? I don't understand. Not... Possible...

Serious: I'd like to see some pictures of Perth. I saw a bit of it in the morbid "Outback Jack", but I don't think that should suffice.

9:34 AM  
Blogger He sings said...

very beautiful. thank you.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home