Monday, June 26, 2006

Motivated

I have an acquaintance, a 20-something university student, who keeps a personal blog. His writing isn't his strongest suit - frankly, it's about as refreshing and scintillating as being pummeled with dusty tennis balls. He is, however, exceptionally good-looking, which may explain why his readership is several orders of magnitude larger than mine. His posts tend to look a little like this:


MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2006

I got home late from work, so I just defrosted some frozen spaghetti bolognaise for dinner. It was good. I like spaghetti bolognaise.

POSTED BY ANONYMOUS BLOGGER at 8:37PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

267 Comments:

prettyponies said...

Yay! I'm first! I... um... spaghetti bolognaise is great! I'm first!

SparkleDiva said...

I hope you didn't get any sauce on yourself! If you did, I'll volunteer to come and lick it off ;-) Ha ha kidding!*

*Not even remotely kidding.

P.S. prettyponies, you beat me by six seconds. This ain't over, bitch.

Alex404 said...

Wow! I like spaghetti bolognaise too! I wonder what else we have in common? I look like a potato, I live on the opposite side of the planet and I'm 22 years older than you, so it isn't likely to be much, but hope springs eternal when you're as desperate as I am!

S_piper said...

Mmmm... spag bol. Speaking of food, I can tie a knot in a cherry stalk with my tongue.

TishTash said...

Now you've made me hungry LOL! What's you're recipe? OMG please show me some attention!

Spinstachik said...

Frozen spaghetti bolognaise!? That's terrible! You need a wife! Especially one who can cook, owns three cats, and lives at 12/34 Coquette Cres, telephone 0417 992 099 after 8 o'clock...



And so on. I guess popularity does have its downside.

3 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

I hope he's at least smart enough to have ads on his blog, if he's getting that many hits.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Eric B. said...

I agree. Quantity of readership is where it's at.

And make sure to ratchet down the quality of your posts. My "girl afraid of pickles" article is already rolling in the hits.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Cookster said...

Wow Bland, that post is totally funny and cool : ) U rock! Ummm, where r all the other posts - I was totally into the spage bog thing!!!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home