Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Curses (redux)

My thumb appears to be healing well following my little accident. I was going to post a picture of it, but frankly, the photos I took revolted even me. My thumb looks like an extra from 'Hellraiser'; a fat white maggot that's been gutted then trussed up with fishing line. So I decided to spare you.


Instead, here are the before and after pictures of the Drawers of Doom.


Dod before


Dod after


Once I got all the paint and varnish off, I realised that to get back to the virgin wood would require a lot more time and effort than I was willing to put into the project. I do not buy furniture in order to spend my Saturdays sanding it for hour upon hour. So I left it with a light patina and gave it a coat of furniture oil. I actually prefer the grey effect of the remnants of the paint to the golden colour of the original wood.


Note the Saw of Pain and Blood lurking in the after picture, hiding under the drawers like a recalcitrant dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home