Saturday, July 31, 2010

Access

Following the rush of testosterone brought on by the purchase of the chainsaw, today I continued in my Festival of Manly Duties and cleaned the gutters on the garage. I was tempted to use the chainsaw, but fortunately I realised just in time that That Way Lies Madness.


It turns out that the gutters under the now-defunct conifer were not so much full as solid. There was so much leaf litter in them that the bottom layers had composted and turned into actual soil. In five metres of guttering, I scooped out nearly thirty litres of leaves, moss and associated muck.


I also found this, which is causing me no end of puzzlement:





How, exactly, did half of Robert T. Parker's Bendigo Bank ATM card end up in my gutter?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mercurius Aulicus said...

I would say birds may have dropped it. Either that, or Robert T. Parker was on your roof and it dropped out of his pocket.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

One might ask why Robert T. Parker was carrying around only half of his ATM card. Or indeed, why a bird was.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

My sister made earrings out of her defunct Westpac handy card. Half a card for each ear, threaded onto those dangly earring hook thingies.

I think she was going for some kind of ironic reply to consumer capitalism.

Maybe Robert T. Parker's earring fell out?

1:29 PM  
Blogger TimT said...

Maybe one of his nipples is showing...

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home