Monday, May 25, 2009

Horror


From page 4 of today's newspaper:





I think it's tragic that our young people are being pushed into risky behaviours like drinking cask wine. What's next? Eating an inferior roquefort? Watching commercial television? Buying a Daewoo? Getting your broccolini from the supermarket!?


It's all too hideous to contemplate.


Act now, parents of Australia! Pull your children back from the brink and into safe behaviours, like complaining about excessive food miles, making their own dukkah, and base-jumping.

5 Comments:

Blogger 2BarRiff said...

Then again, I think drinking cask wine straight is more risking than drinking cask wine and straight spirits.

4:22 PM  
Blogger hazelblackberry said...

I think I'm going to love this blog. But I'm glad i did a little reading in the archives and found out that it's written by a man. I had assumed you were a woman. I thought of you as having a 'womanly' style. Now I'll, er, have to think about those assumptions.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I have no idea what to say. Unfortunately others will, I'm sure.

Perhaps I should refer you to this post:

http://blandwagon.blogspot.com/2008/11/agender.html

10:12 AM  
Blogger hazelblackberry said...

I went to that gender analyser site and it told me that I'm 67% woman. Which might explain what went wrong with my marriage.

11:03 AM  
Blogger 2BarRiff said...

Ha Ha.

I just put my site though that analyser and it came back 100% man*, baby!!

* I ran the results through the CuteNotSmart normalizer to filter out standard interwebs shite. Otherwise it would have been 58% percent female and that's just crazy.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home