Sunday, March 30, 2008

Filtered

Last year, in honor of AndressFest '07 and the woman of the moment, I created a cocktail that I dubbed The Golden Ursula.


This year, to celebrate AndressFest '08, I created a new cocktail:





The Dirty Ursula

5ml sweet vermouth
2 tsp pulped flesh from a plum
100ml chilled vodka
a long sliver of red chili for garnish


Mix all ingredients and stir vigorously, so that the plum pulp rises up and muddies the clear vodka.


Sorry, but the temptation to make a drink called "the dirty Ursula" was too strong. I would have made The Chaste Ursula, but frankly I don't think the necessary ingredients exist.

5 Comments:

Blogger an9ie said...

But what is that fluoro orange line in the middle? Is it The Secret Ingredient?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

No, that's the chili. It fell in.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Sort of a sweet martini with spike? Very fitting for the Andress / Bond connection. As I don't drink hard liquor, but used to be a barman, I must ask how is it? Would you order it again?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

To be honest, Ross, I don't think I'd order it if I went to a bar. The plum gave it an interesting flavour and a nice aroma, but I think we all prefered the Golden Ursula from last year.

If you have any suggestions for tweaking the recipe, I'd be interested to hear them.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I was never very good with the alchemy of cocktails, though my following of recipe instructions was outstanding, apparently. Used to be complimented by the most discerning tipplers.

By the way, I love Andress Fest. Thanks for it!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home