Thursday, August 18, 2005

ED

Three things you need to know about yesterday:


1) I took the day off work in order to run some errands. I even had a name for it. I called it Errand Day, and it was going to be a fountain of productivity.

2) First thing on Errand Day morning, the starter motor on the Golf died. So I had to cut out any errand that couldn't be run either on foot or on the scooter.

3) It rained, heavily, all day.


Downsides of Errand Day:

- At least $400 for a new starter motor

- Rain stings like heck when you're driving into it wearing a faceless motorcycle helmet on a scooter at 60kph

- The pattern was run errand, come home, change out of soaked clothes, and repeat. I went through more costume changes than the average Kylie Minogue concert. By the end of the day I had a bedroom full of wet clothes, I was wearing musty shapeless gear from the back of the wardrobe, I had mismatched socks and I was freebagging*. Not pretty. Not nice.


Upside of Errand Day:

- I bought a cow hide rug. Not a Murray Grey (I already have one of those) and not a Belted Galloway. I think it's a Hereford. Although it could be a Ruby Devon.


*freebagging - (vb) local variant of Going Commando.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Why did you buy a cow hide rug?

I remember that they were really big in the late 80's, early 90's. Are you revamping Casa Blanding and going with period decor?

But more importantly, do I have to wear moleskins and RM's when I come to visit?

6:22 AM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

To understand why I bought a cow hide rug, you need to understand the Blandwagon Philosophy of Interior Design:

1. 1960s era lava lamps
2. animal hide rugs
3. antique technical equipment
4. very large paintings
5. enormous club armchairs
6. skulls
7. illuminated signs
8. oversized floor cushions
9. leadlighting
10. any weird crap I can get my grubby little hands on.

I hope that explains everything.

Actually, it explains a lot.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Eric B. said...

You do realize that ED stands for something else, right?

Right??

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home