Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Merit

Laziest Girl and I have been having an email discussion of the relative merits of cattle breeds. I support the mighty Murray Grey, which comes in a fetching variety of upmarket colours sure to compliment the decor of any farm.


murray grey2


Murray Greys employ a subtle, understated palette of tones in coffee and chocolate, not in garish shades suitable only for Big Brother houses (which is good, as cows can't really be demolished and rebuilt at the end of each year). The Murray Grey is a Classic Cow, not beholden to the vagaries of fad and fashion, in the same idiom of eternal style as an Eames chair or a Porsche Boxster.


murray grey1


However Laziest Girl is a fan of the Belted Galloway, and I must admit it is a diverting beast. Who couldn't help but love the Greater Adorable Panda-Cow!


belted galloway


But I stand by my Murray Greys, and Laziest Girl and I will have to agree to disagree. Anyone willing to plead the case for the Angus, the Poll Hereford or the (lofty snigger) Friesian can do so in comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric B. said...

She definitely has you beat with her pictures of the mouse circus. Cows just can't match that.

If we're talking about taste, though, that's another story.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Wooo - go the Mouse Circus!!!!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

I probably need to clarify that I am not OPPOSED to the Murray Grey - in fact they are reasonably attractive creatures (as far as cows go).

My big problem is that they don't all match. Sure, that's good for modern decor, but not good if you are a wee bit compulsive.

For example, if I happened to desire a pair of Murray Greys (because you have to have a pair), they I would need to search high and low to find a matching pair. Belted Galloways on the other hand, all match. It's so much tidier, don't you think?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Eric B. said...

Cows are, unfortunately, never tidy.

Still doesn't keep me away from "Outback Steakhouse". They do have those in the Outback, right?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Actually in the Outback we have the Manhattan Steakhouse franchises. Outside it's all red dust and spinifex, inside it's a mock-up of a penthouse suite looking out over the New York City skyline. They even have an animatronic David Letterman to greet you at the door with a monologue about Rudy Giuliani.

It's just like being there. As far as I know.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home