Thursday, June 16, 2005

Flatlining


It's a dull and gloomy day. I'm the only person in my office, and it's silent but for the breathy whir of my computer and the sound of raindrops hitting the skylight. Occasionally a phone rings in a neighbouring office, four times, before it's automatically answered and routed to voicemail.


I'm feeling a bit gloomy too. Nothing's going wrong, but nothing's going right either. The plaster moulding over the island bench in my kitchen is coming away and needs fixing. I need to get the Golf serviced. I should email my ex-Flatmate and get his new address so I can send him his mail. But I haven't done any of these things because I don't feel like it. If ennui were terminal, I'd be receiving the last rites right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home