Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Cri de Coeur

The Unending Agony That Is My Life:


My new dark brown formal shoes have rubber soles, so instead of a smart, brisk tap-tap as I walk across hard surfaces, I just move in eerie silence. How am I supposed to insinuate that efficiency and seriousness have arrived when I have self-effacing shoes?


Most days the sudoku in the newspaper is too easy.


Most days the cryptic crossword in the newspaper is too hard.


My new HD digital TV recorder shows the current TV station in a scrolling display, and it's annoying. I read the manual and found out how to turn it off, but for some reason the toggle is missing from the on-screen menu, so I can't.


My 450 thread count egyptian cotton pillow cases show the dirt too easily.


I've run out of space on my iPod.

2 Comments:

Blogger hazelblackberry said...

I assume you're talking about the cryptic in The Australian (courtesy of The Times)? The West's cryptic is generally pretty breezy, but there is a huge gulf between it & the dreaded Times's.

4:39 PM  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Perhaps there is some sort of shoe attachment for just such a purpose - the 'Executive Clopper' shoe sleeve.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home