Friday, June 05, 2009

Scaling

From my office newsletter comes this piece of profound academic scholarship:


"A study at the University of Sydney last year found that male science students are the most likely of all university students to be virgins.

Female arts students are the most sexually active."



There's a lesson in that for someone. Or possibly an opportunity. It certainly suggests a few things to me:


1. Geek Chic will only get one so far in this life... "so far" apparently being "second base".

2. If female arts students are more sexually active than males of any area, then who are they being sexually active with? Outsiders? Each other? The car park attendants?

3. The macho strutters in Law and Engineering are getting less action that the flaky hippie girls doing fine arts and philosophy. Insert Nelson Muntz laugh here.

4. There's a pun to be made about "contact hours" in all this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

5. There's also a pun to be made about "can't quite put my finger on it", but I don't want to get into one of those endless loops of smut.

6. There's also a pun to be made about "endless loops of smut", but I... dammit!

1 Comments:

Blogger 2BarRiff said...

Female teenagers + daddy issues + alcohol + whiny early 90s music = *Score*

About the only worthwhile thing I learned at Uni.

Also note, the psych chicks where way hotter than most of the other arts types, with social science coming second.

HeHeHe - I just said coming.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home