Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Festooned

Ursula Andress – a puzzle wrapped in an enigma submerged in a riddle and then subsequently drowned in mystery.


It takes a certain kind of talent to act with the biggest stars, work with the hottest directors and become a household name, all on the back of a filmography of unrelenting stinkers. Specifically, it takes a talent for looking like this:





This is why I host the annual phenomenon that is AndressFest: to celebrate the woman who realised that movie stardom comes from who you are, not what you do. Especially when what you do is feature in total turkeys.


If you're going to be in Perth on Thursday March 20, and you'd like to attend AndressFest '08, send me an email at yevadwerdna (at) hotmail (dot) com and I'll send you an invite. If not for me, then do it for Ursula.


2 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Good Lord, has it been another year already? And I forgot to renew my passport. Perhaps next year!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Eric B. said...

I'm still eagerly awaiting a write-up of this year's festivities! Did you go with "Clash of the Titans", "Fun in Acapulco", or her seminal role in "That Bond Film"?

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home