Monday, April 11, 2022

Free

It's been nearly three years since I updated my blog, which I use primarily as a travel journal these days. I wonder why that is? My inherent laziness? Changes in technology and social media use? A global pandemic that's killed over 6 million people and encouraged the corporations and governments worldwide further into totalitarian overreach?

Oh yeah, that's the one.

But now that the pandemic is receding - or rather, now that the draconian restrictions are being loosened in an only vaguely related development - travel once again becomes a possibility. I booked a trip to Melbourne back in 2019 which I've been forced to postpone twice, but it finally seems to be going ahead. I'll be flying out in a little over 24 hours, assuming I don't get COVID or wear the wrong mask to the airport or misspell "bastards" on my travel permission documents.

As usual, I have little Lego friends to accompany me and be my selfie proxies. The Lego Corporation would probably refer to them as Skating and Bludgeoning Enthusiasts, but I call them Tony and Tonya. They're both fabulous, of course, but I think Tonya may have some anger management issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home