Monday, June 03, 2013

Fruitful

Although the climate in which I live is not condusive to apple trees fruiting, mine has done its darndest this year to give me apples. Unlike my nectarines, which were so stunted I suspect they may have been smoking, and my oranges, which were fibrous and really only suitable for juicing, my apples were as big and tasty as the ones I buy from the greengrocer.


In fact, some of them were considerably bigger.





Normal apple on the left. Gigantic mutant apple on right. It's supposed to be a Pink Lady, but it's more of a Pink 50 Foot Woman.


It was also delicious.

2 Comments:

Blogger arianna said...

Bellissima mela!! L'Australia รจ magica!!! :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger TimT said...

Um what she said???

Sir Wagon, you can also make good cider from Pink Ladies. They not only have that sugar the yeast finds yummy, but tannins, to give the drink a winy flavour.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home