Friday, March 23, 2012

Drunk

And so AndressFest ended for another year, with half a dozen people tired, drunk and traumatised by bad cinema. It was also a moment of realisation for me, when I checked imdb.com and discovered that of the twenty seven films Ursula made between her breakout role as Honey Rider ('Dr No', 1962) and her last mainstream role as Aphrodite ('Clash of the Titans', 1981), there are only seven that I haven't seen. I am well on my way to being the first person in the history of cinema to watch every Ursula Andress film in existence and live to tell the tale.


Sweet merciful crap!


To steady my nerves, I may need to down a few more glasses of the cocktail I created especially for AndressFest'12. In addition to the Golden Ursula, the Creamy Ursula, the Dirty Ursula, the Cheeky Ursula and the Spicy Ursula, we now have an unexpected little cocktail I like to call...


The Sultry Ursula

Dunk an orange pekoe teabag and a couple of sprigs of rosemary into 250mls of vodka for ninety minutes. Then discard the teabag and rosemary and seal the container of vodka.

Into an ice-filled shaker add 6 parts tea-infused vodka to 1 part Cointreau, then swirl rather than shake for a good sixty seconds.

Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary.





The combination of vodka, Cointreau, rosemary and tea is exotic and strangely compelling... much like the woman herself.


As for the rest of the refreshments, they followed the usual subtle theme:














I am a creature of habit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny.
I actually got here (blog) because I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your Apartment Therapy comments...Feeling a bit like a stalker now. Still, great posts!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home