Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Articulate

From a flyer for a new North Perth café:


A coffee, a window in time to call your own.

A memorable coffee describes itself beyond the cup in hand; rather, we measure a coffee by its experience, its ceremony, the delectable character of its ritual.

No other act can define the day so artfully, or draw it to an end in such casual repose.

Milkd believes in the consecration of the coffee ambience, and understands it takes more than the bean to set the scene.

A Milkd Barista upholds the spirit of this moment, priding in the articulation of your coffee, your service, the perfection of your moment in time – no matter how you take it.

Rediscover coffee culture, have coffee with Milkd.



One day soon I will walk into Milkd and ask the staff about the consecration of the coffee ambience, then send my cappuccino back claiming insufficient articulation, and suggest they check the steam nozzle.


I predict I will be rewarded with either a) expressions of utter, untrammelled confusion, or b) rolled eyes and mutters of, “Oh great, another wanker who’s read the flyer.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god that is such a wanky flyer :->

I just found out that my favourite staff member from the café near my work (her name is Amelia) has been "poached" to go and work at the new Milkd.

I hope it's good.

drew

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home